Who really won the super bowl?
Rihanna was the night’s biggest winner.
Not only did she wow everyone with her performance (was anyone else terrified watching her on those moving platforms?) she saw big results in every metric.
- Viewers: 118.7 million, 5 million more than watched the game!
- 17 Songs in the Top 40 on Spotify (as of 12/14)
- Gained 3 million Instagram followers
- Searches for Fenty Beauty (her skincare brand) are up 833%
Pretty powerful for a 13-minute performance.
That’s the magic of getting in front of larger audiences.
Podcasters know how powerful it is to be a guest on someone’s show who is talking to your target audience and guests understand the opportunity that’s possible when they get to be a guest on someone else’s show.
There’s the power of collaboration but successful partnerships don’t just happen. They take planning, rehearsing a bit of strategy to see big results.
I know what you’re thinking. “I’m not Rihanna and no one is going to ask me to perform at the Super Bowl.”
I get it. But you are a super star in your own area of expertise. Here are a few things to help you show up in YOUR style.
- Find places that are tapped into the people who want to know what you know.
- Give them your best stuff. WOW them with value and helpful info.
- Make it easy for people to connect with you beyond the platform.
- Be your beautiful, dazzling self.
Find places that are tapped into the people who want your expertise.
There are people connecting with your target audience who are not competing with you. One of the best ways is to find related industries or people who have a platform where you can bring VALUE. Look for places where you can give first, then make an offer/ask.
Give them your best stuff.
Like Rihanna, this is the time to pull out your greatest hits and best moves. Share information that’s going to be truly helpful. Be generous and dazzle them with your smarts.
Provide great value to the audience and make the person you partnered with look good too. They are taking a risk by letting you “borrow” their listeners so make sure it’s worth their while AND beneficial.
Make it easy for people to connect with you beyond the platform.
Unfortunately, most of us aren’t going to be first-name-only-household-names so do a little advance work so it is SUPER easy for people to connect with you beyond this presentation/talk.
A content upgrade that’s value-packed is always nice and a super easy URL means people can easily find it.
You can also:
- Send people to your IG/Tik Tok/FB/YouTube channel – pick ONE where you truly show up and engage.
- Have them text you a code word so you can text them a resource and keep the conversation going.
- Ask the host to email your info to their list. This should be part of a full collaboration where you’re also offering the host value as well.
- Get them on your email list – this is one of the BEST ways to make connections and nurture people who are interested in your content.
Be your beautiful, dazzling self.
Sometimes when we’re “on” we feel like we have to be the version of ourselves that others want to see. I used to think I was supposed show up like a guest on 60 minutes. Serious. Somber. Just the facts.
I’m not sure why I thought this was a good idea, because it’s impossible for me to pull off. Thank goodness I don’t have to.
The more YOU people get to see and hear and connect with the more they will know, like and trust you. It’s that simple.
Perfection isn’t required. Realness is. It’s also what WORKS!