Kelvin and I interviewed Laura Vanderkam about her podcast journey. Laura is the co-host of the Best of Both Worlds podcast. She also hosts Before Breakfast and The Corner Office with iHeartMedia.
Best of Both Worlds launched in August 2017 and was a hit from day one. Laura and Sarah talk about what it’s like to be career-focused moms.
Their podcast is popular because they share what’s real, without pretense. Plus it’s fun. You’ll hear about parenting and managing a household along with creative aspirations and professional accomplishments.
Laura is an author, blogger, productivity expert and mom of five. She writes and speaks about productivity and time management in a way that makes me see the possibilities. Thank you for that, Laura.
Here’s some of the #soundadvice that Laura shared with us:
- Podcasting helped her audience feel more connected. They feel like they know her and there is a sense of community with the listeners.
- Having a co-host makes podcasting fun and she encourages future podcasters to find a friend you like talking to. It’ll be enjoyable for you and the audience.
- Batch recording is the busy woman’s friend. She explains how she and Sarah have published every week for nearly 3 years.
- Hear how they plan the show and topics, and how they keep things fresh. She also covers how helpful their audience is with questions and suggestions. It’s a true back and forth.
- Love your topic. We agree! Podcast about something that lights you up. You’ll enjoy doing it and people will enjoy listening.
Big thanks to Laura for joining us to talk podcasting and for letting us help her get a new episode out every Tuesday.
Connect with Laura:
- Laura’s Website and Blog
- Laura’s TED Talk (over 10 million downloads!) How to Gain Control of Your Free Time
Read Her Books: